Thursday, February 24, 2005


this dude was probably the best bloke in the whole fucking world.. and im not just saying that.. this is matty, he worked with us down at dan murphys and his life was cut short tradgically.. i dont know if i believe in karma, heaven or hell.. but i know one thing.. matt was the last man on this planet that would deserve what happened to him.. i dont think there is any human that would not have liked matt if they'd sat down and talked to him.. this photo was taken the night before i left for canada.. and it pains me that i didnt get a chance to say a proper goodbye to my homie.. life is precious.. so hang on to those you love and make sure you remind them because shit like this happens..

life isnt a river because it doesnt flow...
this rings true in every aspect of our lives...
and we forget too often what the hell is really important...
money, jobs, school, uni, work... the only thing that can validate the existance of any of those addictions is how they affect your interaction with other people...
i was lucky enough to have been friends with matt, and i feel sorry for anyone that didnt have the same oppurtunity as those of us who did know him..
that dude would make me laugh so much.. his stories, his actions.. his jokes.. his look on life..
the day he rocked up to work with his leg brace on the outside of his pants because they'd bunch otherwise... fuck that cracked me up..
so matt this paragraph is especially for you man, a shift at dans was made easier because you where there.. and people would be asking "when's matty starting, the shifts getting boring". and the party never started unless the m-train was in town..
you will be dearly missed bro...and i rest assured that his up there waiting for us to finish with this mortality shit.. so we can sit at the big pub in the sky and piss on for eternity...
rest in peace matty
photos never lie

3 comments:

  1. in light of recent events i wont update the blog for a little while.. but i will be wrapping up my journey and eventually it will be here in all its beauty..

    but for now this blog is dedicated to my homie matt..

    peace everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:35 pm

    I met matt through friends working at Dans. We were not close we only met a few times but he was always a blast, a real likeable down to earth bloke. A good man with a bright future and all the other clichés that come to mind when thinking about the mindless violence afflicted on him.

    I remember sitting next to him 4am at a certain gentleman’s club laughing at our mutual friend Niels and his shenanigans. We went and got some food after, he probably ate three burgers.

    I saw him after his last shift at Dans all of his mates from work were having a quiet beer to celebrate. We shook hands and parted our ways soon after.

    I’m thinking about all of the guys from his work and his family, his death has affected me but I cant even begin to imagine the what they must be feeling.

    RIP mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:30 pm

    Matty… Always the man of the hour… I never saw him down, he always had a positive spin on everything. The things I think about most are the crazy times I’ve had with him, be it him constantly dropping his pants and shuffling around every time we went out, or just the quiet beers after work. Like Ant said, he made every shift at Dans bearable, we could always find him hiding from Dillon, near the roller door having a quick ciggie.

    I try not to lament and focus on the way he died, or the ever present “if I were there I could of looked out for him” as I see both as being not worthy of his memory. I think it’s important that we all (for those who knew him, as well as for those who only just met him) concentrate on what he was, a really fun-loving, no bullshit kinda guy.

    I always proud of him for the fact that he was who he was, not who he “should have” been, he listened to what he wanted (bah I still hate the eagles Matt!!). dressed the way he wanted and pretty much did whatever he wanted without fearing what anyone thought. In a way, I was always jealous of that quality he had, no fear and no regrets…

    By now I’ve spoken to a lot of people who knew him and they all come out with the same conclusion, whether you knew him all your life, or only for a couple of minutes, he was instantly your mate. I’m just glad I got to spend 2004 with him at Dans, got to meet him and got to know him as a real mate, for someone to be 19 to be friends with people who are up to 26 years old he had to be someone special.

    What can you say, he was unforgettable and I’m happy I was lucky enough to know him…

    Take it easy M-Train, you better be waiting for me with a beer and no pants mate..

    -Niels

    ReplyDelete