Monday, December 15, 2008

killing months...

Like many other forgotten attempts at creativity here is another project of mine that has failed to develop into anything more than a waste of bandwidth. That said a whole lot of interesting things have happened in the 3-4 years since i've posted here. I became a teacher, i taught for two years in an outer suburban high school in melbourne, and i released my debut album (links in the side bar!)

Reading over what is already posted here has made me realise how much growing up you do and how much there is to be done. I read the past entries as though I'm reading a strangers blog, the humour, the ideas and the writing all seem foreign and distant but faintly familiar. I remember writing it all, but i don't remember the state of mind i was in or what i was actually doing at the time.

That said, i've come to a stage in life where i've had to make some major changes. For the past three years i have dedicated myself to education and everything involved in that. I have treated the job with all the seriousness it requires and deserves and i have always been respectful of just how vast the scope of teaching reaches. I always told myself that if I get to a stage where I didn't feel my teaching was reflective, well thought out and benefitting the students, i would take a step back and get myself in order. Three weeks ago i was granted a year's leave without pay.

So now all that's left is me, my savings, and 12 months to kill...

No comments:

Post a Comment