Tuesday, December 16, 2008

sityodtong & multimedia

The other week I had the privilege of training for one day at Camp Sityodtong in Pattaya Thailand. Trying to explain it would not do it justice. Been the spiritual home of Muay Thai in Thailand it has a certain electricity about it. I had concluded it was the sound of the place, but that would deny the sight, smell and the people. Before we got there I had no intention of training. I had seen Sityodtong in documentaries and I knew it's reputation around Pattaya. But walking in was a whole different story. People call it basic, but when your training muay thai fighters you don't need much. A couple of rings, a whole lot of bags, a good number of trainers and 20 or 30 students training. It was lucky i had brought my gear with me because once i drank that place in i couldn't resist becoming part of it...

The camp is instrumental in changing lives. Adopting young orphans who have nothing but a bleak existence to look forward too the camp teaches them what it is to be cared for, respected and how to respect themselves and each other.

One 2 hour training session was not enough at Sityodtong, I hope to return there in the future for a longer period of time.









A side note about the Sidebar
I've set up the sidebar with a slideshow from my picasa web albums and my personal youtube channel. I'll try and keep these updated with new pictures and videos next year. There are no videos showing because i think it displays a minimum of 4 clips. Seeing i have only uploaded one, none appear.


Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment